Sunday 20 November 2011

Sewing a Simple Hat

Since I don't know how to Knit or Crochet, I was trying to find ways to make hats using the sewing machine. Altough their are many ways to sew hats I've only discovered one simple but fashionable way when I was given a pattern for an infant.

Weekend Project
Over the weekend I made a few hats for the upcoming Flee Market in Iqaluit. Here are pictures of the steps i've done to complete this hat. This is the pattern I followed for a hat that would fit 1-3 years old.

Sewing this hat I used Fleece, A soft material that I bought from a local store. There are various sites like Millinery Tachniques, which shows you how to make fashionable hats, or even costume hats that you can use for halloween, even baseball caps, that are very popular in the north. These Links can show you a step by step process of how to make various and fasionable clothing that meet your daily needs. Since I explored various web sites, it made a big impact on my sewing ability. I look at clothing as a sewing project rather then just a piece of clothing that I can buy from the store. I can make it and save money.

Here is the sewing project I have finished over the weekend, With my sewing machine.

For this Project you will need
  • A Working Sewing machine
  • Fleece
  • Thread
  • Scissors
  • & most of all Patience
First I cut up the pattern on half a meter of fleece.

Here is what It looked like before
 I sewed the pattern together

Top of the Infant hat

Sewing the Top half & bottom half of the hat together.



Here is my Completed Fleece hat

Their are other simple ways to make hats for all ages, I have only tried one that takes about 30 mins to make. If your the type of person who enjoys sewing, or someone who has a tight budget. Sewing your own things can save you a ton of money. Their are many patterns that are available online, they can make great gifts that are very affordable.  

Here is an example of a simple but very fashionable hat that shows you at a step by step process.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment